- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 168
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Courgetti fritters with tomato salsa Recipe
Courgetti fritters with tomato salsa is a Sharing recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has cherry tomato, coriander and lime.
- Coriander - 1 small pack of coriander, leaves and stalks chopped (save stalks for the fritters)
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Cherry Tomato - 300g pack of room temperature, ripe vine cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- Courgette - 3 courgettes (about 500g), ends trimmed and spiralized into thin noodles
- Lime - zest and juice of 1 lime (save zest for the fritters)
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Spring Onions - 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self-raising flour
- Large Egg - 1 large egg, beaten
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli, finely chopped, deseeded, if you like
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper then set aside to let the flavour develop.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the spiralized courgette, spring onions, coriander stalks, lime zest, cumin and flour (you may need to cut some of the longer courgetti in half). Stir in the beaten egg and season with salt and black pepper.
- Working in 2 batches, heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Shape the fritters with your hands then then fry for 2-3 mins on each side until golden. Serve warm with the tomato salsa.