- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 437
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Sweetcorn fritters with eggs & black bean salsa Recipe
Healthy summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, red onion, red pepper, wholemeal self-raising flour, smoked paprika, ground coriander, baking powder, sweetcorn, egg, red onion, tomatoes, black beans, lime and coriander.
- Coriander - 1/2 x 30g pack coriander, chopped
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
- Smoked Paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion (85g), finely chopped
- Egg - 6 large eggs
- Lime - 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Black Beans - 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Sweetcorn - 325g can sweetcorn, drained
- Tomatoes - 4 tomatoes (320g), chopped
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Wholemeal Self Raising Flour - 100g wholemeal self-raising flour
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Heat the oil in a small pan and fry the onion and pepper for 5 mins until softened. Meanwhile, mix the flour, spices and baking powder in a bowl. Add the onions, pepper, corn and 2 of the eggs, then mix together well.
- Spoon eight mounds of the mixture onto the baking tray, well spaced apart, then flatten slightly with the back of the spoon. Bake for 20 mins until set and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the salsa ingredients and poach 2 of the remaining eggs to your liking. If you're following ourHealthy Diet Plan, serve four fritters on the day you make them, topped with half the salsa and the poached eggs. Chill the remaining fritters for another day. Reheat them in a pan or microwave and serve with 2 more poached eggs and the remaining salsa.