- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 47g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Crisp sage & Parmesan pork with red apple coleslaw Recipe
Crisp sage & Parmesan pork with red apple coleslaw is a Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pork loin steak, bread and sage.
- Parmesan - 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Lemon - lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Oil - 1 tbsp oil
- Bread - 2 slices white bread
- Apple - 2 red-skinned apples, halved and sliced
- Sage - handful of sage leaves
- Buttermilk - 4 tbsp buttermilk or low-fat natural yogurt
- Cabbage - 1/2 white cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
- Pork Loin Steak - 4 6oz x 175g pork loin steaks, fat trimmed
- Lay the pork steaks between two sheets of cling film or baking paper and bash with a rolling pin until approx 1cm thick. Whizz the bread in a food processor to make breadcrumbs. Add the sage and pulse a few more times to roughly chop the leaves. Mix in the Parmesan and spread over a large plate. Season with black pepper.
- One by one, dip each steak into the beaten egg, allow the excess to drip off, then press into the breadcrumb mix on both sides. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and fry the steaks for 3-4 mins on each side until cooked through. Meanwhile, mix the cabbage, buttermilk or yogurt and apple, then season. Serve the steaks with the coleslaw and a lemon wedge, if using, for squeezing over.