- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 17
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Cucumber & blue cheese canapes Recipe
New Year's Eve recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has ricotta cheese, cashel blue cheese, spring onion, cucumber, grapes, pecan, pomegranate seeds and thyme leaves.
- Spring Onion - 2 spring onions, whites only, very finely chopped
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, thickly sliced (about 14 inches)
- Pecan - 4 toasted pecan halves, cut into slivers
- Thyme Leaves - a few fresh thyme leaves
- Pomegranate Seeds - 1/2 80g tub pomegranate seeds
- Grapes - 16 small black grapes
- Cashel Blue Cheese - 25g Cashel Blue cheese, chopped
- Ricotta Cheese - 100g ricotta cheese
- Beat the ricotta with the blue cheese and onion until really smooth. Arrange the cucumber slices on a large platter. Top each cucumber slice with some of the cheese mixture - you can pipe it on if you want a professional finish.
- Top half with a grape and sliver of pecan, and the remainder with pomegranate seeds and thyme. Keep chilled until ready to serve.Will keep in the fridge for up to one day.