- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 281
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Layered hummus with spiced tortilla chips Recipe
Layered hummus with spiced tortilla chips is a Buffet recipe for 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chickpea, tahini and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chickpea - 2 x 240g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Mint - 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- Parsley - 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves picked
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 1/2 lemons
- Tahini - 4 tbsp tahini
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- Flour Tortilla - 4 flour tortillas
- Feta - 200g feta, crumbled
- Pine Nut - 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Pomegranate Seed - 100g pack pomegranate seeds
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli, deseeded and diced
- Sumac - 1 tsp sumac
- In a food processor, whizz together all the ingredients for the hummus, adding about 50ml water to loosen the mixture to your desired consistency. Season, then chill for up to 24 hrs.
- In the small bowl of a food processor or with a stick blender, whizz together all the ingredients for the herby oil. This can also be chilled for up to 24 hrs.
- Just before you want to serve, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 to make the tortilla chips. Mix together the oil, cumin and sumac, brush over one side of each tortilla and season. Cut each one into 8 triangles and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray (you may need to use 2 trays, or cook them in batches). Bake in the oven for 5-8 mins until crisp and lightly golden.
- Spread the hummus over a large serving plate, drizzle with the herby oil and scatter over the pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and feta. Serve with the homemade tortilla chips.