- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 274
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Leek & butter bean soup with crispy kale & bacon Recipe
Leek & butter bean soup with crispy kale & bacon is a Healthy soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, leek and thyme sprig.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - 1/2 small pack flat-leaf parsley
- Olive Oil - 4 tsp olive oil
- Kale - 40g chopped kale, any tough stems removed
- Leek - 500g leeks, sliced
- Vegetable Bouillon - 500ml vegetable bouillon stock
- Thyme Sprig - 4 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Wholegrain Mustard - 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Bacon - 3 rashers streaky bacon
- Butter Beans - 2 x 400g cans butter beans
- Hazelnuts - 25g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the leeks, thyme and seasoning. Cover and cook for 15 mins until softened, adding a splash of water if the leeks start to stick. Add the butter beans with the water from the cans, the stock and mustard. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3-4 mins until hot. Blend the soup in a food processor or with a stick blender, stir through the parsley and check the seasoning.
- Put the bacon in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook for 3-4 mins until crispy, then set side to cool. Add the remaining 1 tsp oil to the pan, and tip in the kale and hazelnuts. Cook for 2 mins, stirring until the kale is wilted and crisping at the edges and the hazelnuts are toasted. Cut the bacon into small pieces, then stir into the kale mixture.
- Reheat the soup, adding a splash of water if it is too thick. Serve in bowls sprinkled with the bacon & kale mixture.