- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 296
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 1.9g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Pan-cooked feta with beetroot salsa & bean mash Recipe
Pan-cooked feta with beetroot salsa & bean mash is a Low-calorie dinner recipe for 2 people, takes only 7 mins; recipe has feta, flour and rocket.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp olive oil, plus a little extra for cooking
- Red Onion - 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Beetroot - 250g cooked beetroot, diced
- Dill - 2 tbsp chopped dill, plus extra for sprinkling
- Rocket - 65g pack rocket
- Lime - grated zest and juice 1/2 lime
- Feta - about 100g vegetarian, light feta, thickly sliced
- Cannellini Bean - 400g can cannellini beans
- Flour - a little flour, for dusting
- Mix the beetroot and the onion in a bowl with the lime zest, a good squeeze of juice, seasoning and dill.
- Heat the tsp oil in a non-stick pan and gently cook the garlic until softened then tip in the beans, and some of the juice from the can with seasoning. Mash the beans, keeping them quite chunky, then keep warm.
- Toss the slices of feta in a little flour. Heat a non-stick frying pan, wipe with a little oil then cook the feta for a few minutes on each side until golden and warmed through, flipping over to make sure they're cooked evenly. Spoon the bean mash onto plates, top with the feta and half the salsa then scatter with extra dill. Serve with the rocket on the side and the rest of the salsa in a bowl.