- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
Pick 'n' mix pizza Recipe
Pick 'n' mix pizza is a Pizza recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bread flour, olive oil and water.
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Tomato - 2x400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Egg - fried eggs (nice for an Easter pizza)
- Cheddar - mild cheddar, grated
- Tomato Puree - 1/2 x200g tube tomato puree
- Pea - peas, straight from the freezer
- Ham - ham, torn into strips
- Salt - 1 tsp salt
- Water - 350ml water
- Pineapple - pineapple rings, fresh or canned
- Sweetcorn - sweetcorn kernels, canned
- Bacon - cooked bacon, chopped
- Yeast - 7g sachet fast-action bread yeast
- Bread Flour - 500g strong white bread flour
- Pepperoni - pepperoni sausage, sliced
- Make the dough in your breadmaker on the dough setting. Ours takes 45 minutes, but timing will vary according to your machine.
- Make the tomato sauce. Put the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree into a pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes to boil off the liquid. My children don't like the bits so I sieve the sauce, but it's up to you.
- Preheat the oven to fan 200C/conventional 220C/gas 7. Divide the dough into 4-5 balls, dust with flour and roll out on a floured surface or directly on to your baking sheets if you have ones with no sides. If you sprinkle a little olive oil over the flour underneath the dough, this mix acts as a glue so you can roll the pizzas really thin.
- Once the dough is on the sheets, spread a layer of tomato sauce over, then sprinkle with grated cheese and add the toppings of your choice. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven. If you like an extra crispy base, take them off the trays and put them back in the oven directly on the shelves for a further 5 minutes. For those who like eggs on their pizza, I fry them to order and slide them on at the last minute.