- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 574
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 41g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Pork with sweet & sour onion sauce Recipe
Pork with sweet & sour onion sauce is a Healthy pork recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has basmati rice, pork fillet and black pepper.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Cider Vinegar - 150ml cider vinegar
- Maple Syrup - 75ml maple syrup
- Basmati Rice - 250g mixed basmati rice and wild rice
- Black Pepper - 2 tbsp coarse black pepper (freshly ground)
- Pork Fillet - 600g pork fillet, cut into 4cm-thick slices
- Boil the rice in plenty of water, following pack instructions, until cooked. Drain, return to the pot and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the meat on all sides with the black pepper and some salt. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan. Sear the meat on both sides until nicely browned. Remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil and the onion to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, then pour in the vinegar and let reduce for 1 min. Stir in the maple syrup, then return the pork to the pan and heat for 5 mins until cooked through. Serve the pork and sauce spooned over the rice and scattered with the parsley.