- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 1.6g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Prawn & pink grapefruit noodle salad Recipe
Prawn & pink grapefruit noodle salad is a Dairy-free lunch recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rice noodle, cherry tomato and fish sauce.
- Coriander - large handful coriander, leaves picked
- Red Chilli - 1 large red chilli, 1/2 diced, 1/2 sliced
- Cherry Tomato - 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Spring Onion - 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Carrot - 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- Mint - large handful mint, leaves picked
- Lime - juice 1 lime
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Prawn - 400g cooked large prawn
- Fish Sauce - 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Pink Grapefruit - 2 pink grapefruits, segmented
- Rice Noodle - 200g thin rice noodle (vermicelli)
- Palm Sugar - 2 tsp palm sugar or soft brown sugar
- Put the noodles in a bowl, breaking them up a little, and cover with boiling water from the kettle. Leave to soak for 10 mins until tender. Drain, rinse under cold running water, then leave the noodles to drain thoroughly.
- In the same bowl, lightly squash the cherry tomatoes - we used the end of a rolling pin. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and diced chilli. Taste for the right balance of sweet, sour and spicy - adjust if necessary (see tip, below).
- Toss through the noodles, then add all the remaining ingredients, except the sliced chilli. Season and give everything a good stir, then divide the noodle salad between 6 serving dishes and sprinkle over the chilli before serving.