- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 8 - 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Sage & onion Yorkshire puddings Recipe
Sage & onion Yorkshire puddings is a Make-ahead Christmas recipe for 8-10 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has red onion, egg and plain flour.
- Cut the onions into thin wedges, keeping the root intact so they hold together, to make about 12-16 thin wedges.
- Whiskthe eggs and flour in a large bowl to make a smooth paste, then whisk in the milk to make a smooth batter. Season, then stir in the sage. Leave to rest for 10 mins at room temperature.Will keep chilled for up to 24 hrs (bring up to room temperature before using).Heat the oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8.
- Pour a drizzle of oil evenly into 10 holes of a 12-hole muffin tin, or in all of two four-hole Yorkshire pudding tins to coat the bases. Add a wedge of onion to each hole and put in the oven for 10 mins to heat up.
- Transfer the batter to a jug, carefully remove the tins from the oven and pour the batter over the onions, dividing it evenly between the holes. The batter should sizzle as soon as it hits the oil. Put back in the oven and turn the temperature down to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Cook for 15 mins until golden and risen. Don't open the door until the time is up, or they may sink.