- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 475
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Salmon pasta salad with lemon & capers Recipe
Healthy salad recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has wholewheat penne, rapeseed oil, red pepper, salmon fillet, lemon, garlic cloves, shallot, caper, kalamata olives, extra virgin olive oil and rocket.
- Red Pepper - 1 large red pepper, roughly chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rocket - 2 handfuls rocket
- Lemon - 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Garlic Cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- Shallot - 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- Salmon Fillet - 2 frozen, skinless wild salmon fillets (about 120g each)
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Caper - 2 tbsp capers
- Kalamata Olives - 6 pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- Wholewheat Penne - 85g wholewheat penne
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the rapeseed oil in a frying pan, add the pepper, cover and leave for about 5 mins until it softens and starts to char a little. Stir, then push the pepper to one side and add the salmon. Cover and fry for 8-10 mins until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, mix the lemon zest and juice in a large bowl with the garlic, shallot, capers and olives.
- Add the cooked pepper and salmon to the bowl. Drain the pasta and add it too, with black pepper and the olive oil. Toss everything together, flaking the salmon as you do so. If eating now, toss through the rocket; if packing a lunch, leave to cool, then put in a container with the rocket on top and mix through just before eating.