- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 54
- Carbohydrate Content: 3g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Spanish skewers Recipe
Spanish skewers is a Party food recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has potato, olive oil and rosemary.
- Red Pepper - 1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into 24 x 2cm/ 3/4 in chunks
- Flat Leaf Parsley - 1/2 small pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp mild olive oil or sunflower oil
- Creme Fraiche - 200g half-fat creme fraiche
- Rosemary - 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Potato - 200g waxy potatoes, such as Charlotte, peeled and cut into 24 x 2cm/ 3/4 in chunks
- Yellow Pepper - 1 large yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 24 x 2cm/ 3/4 in chunks
- Chorizo - 200g cooking chorizo, cut into 24 pieces
- Bamboo Skewer - 24 short bamboo skewers
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Half-fill a large pan with water and bring to the boil. Add the potatoes and return to the boil. Cook for 1 min, then drain in a colander and tip into a bowl. Pour over the olive oil, sprinkle with the rosemary and season. Toss together.
- Scatter the potatoes over a large baking tray and cook for 5 mins. Turn the potatoes, add the peppers and cook for a further 10 mins or until just beginning to soften. Set aside to cool.
- Thread a chunk of yellow pepper, a chunk of potato and a chunk of red pepper onto bamboo skewers, finishing with a piece of chorizo. Place on a parchment-lined baking tray, cover and chill (up to 8 hrs). To make the dip, mix all the ingredients in a bowl, cover and chill.
- When ready to serve, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Bake the skewers for 10 mins or until the vegetables are softened and nicely browned, and the chorizo slices are cooked through. Serve with the dip.