- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 443
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Fat Content: 27g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.23g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Squid, chickpea & chorizo salad Recipe
Squid, chickpea & chorizo salad is a Tapas recipe for 6 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red pepper, chickpea and parsley.
- Red Pepper - 4 red peppers
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Olive Oil - 100ml olive oil
- Chickpea - 2 x 400g cans chickpea, rinsed and drained
- Parsley - huge bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Lemon - juice and zest 1 large lemon
- Squid - 600g cleaned squid, sliced into rings, tentacles kept whole
- Chorizo - 200g cooking chorizo, cut into chickpea-size chunks
- Cook the peppers whole under a grill, on a barbecue or griddle, until completely charred. Place the peppers in a bowl, cover with a plate until cool enough to handle, then peel, deseed and finely slice. In a large bowl mix the peppers and any juices with the chickpeas, parsley, chilli and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan until smoking. Working quickly and carefully, add a splash of oil to the pan, then the squid. Stir-fry for about 30 secs. Scatter the chorizo over the squid, continue to cook for 30 secs more, then tip into the bowl with the peppers. Season everything with salt and pepper, then dress with the remaining oil, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix together, pile onto a platter and let everyone help themselves.