- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 295
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Vegan kebabs with avocado dressing Recipe
Vegan kebabs with avocado dressing is a Healthy barbecue recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove and chilli flakes.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 3 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 2 large red onions, each cut into 8 wedges (leave the root on)
- Courgette - 2 large courgettes, each cut into 8 chunks
- Rocket - large bag rocket, watercress and spinach salad
- Lemon - 1 lemon, juiced
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Avocado - 1 avocado
- Rosemary - 3 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
- Wholegrain Mustard - 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Peach - 4 peaches, destoned, each cut into quarters
- Mixed Seeds - 2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds
- Portobello Mushroom - 4 Portobello mushrooms, each cut into quarters
- Metal Skewers - 8 metal skewers
- Mix 3 tbsp oil with the crushed garlic, chilli flakes and rosemary. Thread alternate pieces of mushroom, peach, courgette and red onion onto each skewer - you can get two pieces of everything on each. Brush the kebabs with the flavoured olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, then set aside. The kebabs can be made the day before and kept in the fridge.
- Heat thebarbecueor a grill to its highest setting. Meanwhile, blitz the avocado, half the lemon juice and 50ml water to a smooth dressing and season to taste.Whiskthe remaining lemon juice, remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil and mustard together, then toss with the mixed rocket salad and toasted seeds.
- Barbecue or grill the skewers for 4-5 mins on each side or until cooked through and nicely charred. Pile onto a platter and serve with the avocado dressing and salad on the side.