- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 417
- Carbohydrate Content: 2g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 2.29g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Winter cobb salad Recipe
Winter cobb salad is a Leftovers recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has streaky bacon, little gem lettuce and celery.
- Chicken Breast - 1 cooked chicken breast and 1 cooked chicken leg, skinned and shredded
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Streaky Bacon - 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- Spring Onion - 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Egg - 2 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- White Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Little Gem Lettuce - 2 Little Gem lettuces, chopped
- Celery - 4 celery sticks, chopped
- Crusty Bread - crusty bread (optional)
- Clear Honey - 1-2 tsp clear honey
- Blue Cheese - 75g blue cheese, crumbled
- Fry the bacon until crisp and cooked through, then very roughly chop.
- To make the dressing, mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and honey with 1 tbsp water and some seasoning. Save 2 tbsp in the fridge for another salad (see 'Goes well with'). Stir the spring onions into the rest of the dressing.
- Use the chopped lettuce and celery as a base, then arrange the bacon, chicken, blue cheese and hard-boiled eggs on top and drizzle over the dressing. Serve with bread, if you like.