- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 274
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 2.56g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Winter minestrone with pesto croutes Recipe
Winter minestrone with pesto croutes is a Soup recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and lardon.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 1l vegetable stock (from granules or a cube)
- Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Carrot - 2 large carrots, chopped
- Parsley - handful chopped parsley
- Pesto - 1 tbsp pesto
- Bread - slices of crusty bread
- Potato - 1 medium potato, chopped
- Celery - 2 sticks celery, chopped
- Sage - 2 tsp chopped sage leaves, or 1 tsp dried
- Lardon - 100g unsmoked lardons or chopped streaky bacon
- Haricot Bean - 400g can haricot bean
- Cabbage - few cabbage leaves, shredded
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and lardons or bacon and fry for about 5 mins until the onion is starting to brown. Tip in the carrots, celery, potato and garlic, stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and sage, and bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce heat to simmer and cook partly covered for 30 mins, stirring in the cabbage after 15 mins. Drain and rinse the beans and add to the pan with the parsley. Season and serve with pesto croutes, see right, or crusty bread.
- For the pesto croutes: Cut 3-4 slices of crusty bread into chunks, about 2cm thick. Tip into an ovenproof pan. Mix the olive oil and pesto, then add to the bread, tossing it with your hands until the croutes are evenly coated. Bake in a moderate oven for about 10 mins until crisp.