- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 182
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Broccoli and kale green soup Recipe
Broccoli and kale green soup is a Healthy soup recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has stock, sunflower oil and garlic clove.
- Turmeric - 3cm/1in piece fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated, or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Courgette - 200g courgettes, roughly sliced
- Parsley - small pack parsley, roughly chopped, reserving a few whole leaves to serve
- Lime - 1 lime, zested and juiced
- Kale - 100g kale, chopped
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Broccoli - 85g broccoli
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, sliced
- Salt - pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Ground Coriander - 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Stock - 500ml stock, made by mixing 1 tbsp bouillon powder and boiling water in a jug
- Put the oil in a deep pan, add the garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and salt, fry on a medium heat for 2 mins, then add 3 tbsp water to give a bit more moisture to the spices.
- Add the courgettes, making sure you mix well to coat the slices in all the spices, and continue cooking for 3 mins. Add 400ml stock and leave to simmer for 3 mins.
- Add the broccoli, kale and lime juice with the rest of the stock. Leave to cook again for another 3-4 mins until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take off the heat and add the chopped parsley. Pour everything into a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. It will be a beautiful green with bits of dark speckled through (which is the kale). Garnish with lime zest and parsley.