- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 552
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 39g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 2.5g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Celebration fish platter with spiced cucumber salad Recipe
New Year's Eve recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has trout, creme fraiche, lemon, red chilli, ginger, lime, olive oil, cucumber, oatmeal, mackerel, egg, olive oil, smoked salmon, breads, unsalted butter and lemon.
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 5 tbsp olive oil
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon
- Lime - zest and juice 2 limes
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, diced
- Smoked Salmon - 200g smoked salmon slices
- Creme Fraiche - 200ml creme fraiche
- Trout - 250g hot-smoked trout
- Ginger - 50g pickled ginger (I used Clearspring Sushi Ginger)
- Unsalted Butter - unsalted butter
- Oatmeal - 100g medium oatmeal
- Mackerel - 4-6 fresh mackerel fillets
- Breads - selection of breads and crispbreads
- Start making the pate by putting the smoked trout, creme fraiche and lemon juice into a food processor. Pulse briefly to bring everything together without the mixture becoming a puree. Season to taste, and put in a bowl or ramekins, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- For the spiced cucumber salad, put the chilli in a large bowl, and add the ginger and lime zest and juice, and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Once thoroughly combined, add the cucumber, mix well to coat in the dressing, then set aside in the fridge.
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put the oatmeal on a plate. Lightly brush the mackerel fillets all over with beaten egg, and dip them in the oatmeal, turning to coat them on both sides. Lay the mackerel fillets on a baking sheet that has been lightly greased with olive oil and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden.
- To serve, arrange slices of smoked salmon and the warm cooked mackerel on large platters with the ramekins of trout pate and the cucumber salad, breads, crispbreads, butter and lemon wedges.