- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.59g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Chocolate muffins with hot chocolate custard Recipe
Diabetes-friendly recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has cocoa powder, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, golden caster sugar, skimmed milk, egg, sunflower oil, custard and dark chocolate.
- Dark Chocolate - 25g dark chocolate, chopped
- Egg - 1 egg
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Self Raising Flour - 100g self-raising flour
- Golden Caster Sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- Skimmed Milk - 100ml skimmed milk
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Custard - 2 x 150g pots low-fat custard
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Brush 6 holes of a muffin tin with a drop of oil. Sieve the cocoa into a large bowl, then add the rest of the dry ingredients. Stir to combine, then make a well in the centre.
- Beat the milk, egg and oil together in a jug, pour into the well, then stir quickly to make a batter. Spoon into the muffin tin, then bake for 15 mins or until risen and firm to the touch. Heat the custard in the microwave according to instructions, or in a pan, then tip in the chopped chocolate and stir until smooth. Turn the puddings into bowls and pour the custard over.