- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 524
- Carbohydrate Content: 65g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 2.2g
- Sugar Content: 31g
Crispy cod fingers with wedges & dill slaw Recipe
Summer family recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has sweet potato, sunflower oil, red cabbage, red onion, cornichon, greek yogurt, dill, cod, large egg and breadcrumbs.
- Red Onion - 1/2 medium red onion, finely sliced
- Dill - 25g dill, finely chopped
- Greek Yogurt - 3 tbsp Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- Red Cabbage - 1/4 large red cabbage
- Sweet Potato - 3 large sweet potatoes (700g), scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Sunflower Oil - 1/2 tbsp sunflower oil, plus a little extra
- Cod - 4 skinned cod fillets (160g per fillet)
- Large Egg - 2 large eggs
- Cornichon - 6 large cornichons, quartered
- Breadcrumbs - 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. In a bowl, toss the wedges with the oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Transfer to a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 mins, turning halfway through. The wedges should be crisp and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. Remove the cabbage's white core and discard. Slice the leaves as finely as possible and put in a large mixing bowl with the onion and cornichons. In another bowl, combine the yogurt or mayonnaise with the dill and 2 tbsp of the cornichons' pickling liquid. Mix the dressing with the other slaw ingredients until everything is well coated, then set aside.
- Heat grill to high. Slice each cod fillet into two or three fingers. Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow bowl and tip the breadcrumbs into a separate bowl with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Dip each cod finger in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs, and place on an oiled baking sheet. Grill for 6-7 mins or until cooked through and golden. Serve with the crispy wedges and a generous helping of the dill pickle slaw.