- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 605
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Fat Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.8g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Roast potato, turkey, sausage & stuffing pie Recipe
Leftover Christmas turkey recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has olive oil, butter, onion, sausage, mustard powder, plain flour, chicken stock cube, white wine, chicken stock, stuffing, turkey, wholegrain mustard, creme fraiche, parsley, potato and mature cheddar.
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil or rapeseed oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Butter - knob of butter
- Mustard Powder - 2 tsp English mustard powder
- Creme Fraiche - 100g low-fat creme fraiche
- Chicken Stock - 500ml chicken stock or leftover gravy
- Potato - 800g leftover roast potatoes
- Plain Flour - 50g plain flour
- Turkey - 300g cooked turkey, shredded
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- White Wine - 150ml white wine
- Sausage - 6 sausages or 8 chipolatas (leftover pigs in blankets are fine too)
- Wholegrain Mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Mature Cheddar - 20g mature cheddar, grated
- Stuffing - 6 stuffing balls, leftover or shop-bought
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, shallow ovenproof casserole dish. Add the onion and cook for 10 mins until really soft. Push the onion to one side of the dish and add the sausages, browning them all over (skip this step if you're using cooked leftovers).
- Remove the sausages from the dish and set aside to cool a little. Stir the mustard powder, flour and stock cube into the oil and butter for 1-2 mins, then add the white wine. Bubble for 1 min, scraping the bottom of the dish to release any tasty bits, then add the stock. Stir to make a smooth sauce, season and bubble for 5 mins. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Cut the sausages and stuffing into bite-sized chunks, add to the sauce with the turkey, mustard, creme fraiche and parsley. When bubbling, remove from the heat. Crumble the potatoes in your hands over the top of the filling, so you have some larger and smaller chunks. Scatter with cheese and bake for 40 mins until the potatoes are crisp and the filling is bubbling around the edges.