- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.04g
- Sugar Content: 14g
Sprouts with sticky shallots Recipe
Healthy Christmas side dish recipe for 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, shallot, golden caster sugar, raisin, sherry vinegar, brussels sprout, flaked almond and paprika.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Paprika - pinch paprika (optional)
- Shallot - 10 shallots, finely sliced
- Sherry Vinegar - 4 tbsp red wine or sherry vinegar
- Golden Caster Sugar - large pinch golden caster sugar
- Raisin - 100g raisin
- Flaked Almond - handful flaked almonds, toasted
- Brussels Sprout - 1kg Brussels sprout, trimmed
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sizzle the shallots for 5 mins until starting to colour. Sprinkle over the sugar, stir well, then add the raisins and vinegar. Simmer for 5 mins to make a sticky mix, then set aside.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then tip in the sprouts. Cook for 5 mins, then drain well, add to the shallot pan and toss everything together. Serve scattered with flaked almonds and a sprinkling of paprika, if you like.