- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 402
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 25g
Sticky jerk salmon with mango slaw Recipe
Sticky jerk salmon with mango slaw is a Caribbean recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has jamaican jerk paste, clear honey and salmon fillet.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- Spring Onion - 6 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- Lime - juice 2 limes
- Red Cabbage - 1/2 red cabbage, core removed, thinly sliced
- Salmon Fillet - 4 salmon fillets
- Mango - 1 firm but ripe mango, skin removed, thinly sliced
- Clear Honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- Jamaican Jerk Paste - 2 heaped tbsp Jamaican jerk paste
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Mix the jerk paste and 1 tbsp honey together in a bowl. Place the salmon fillets on a foil-lined baking tray and brush all over with the sauce. Cook on the top shelf for 8-10 mins or until just cooked through (move the tray down a shelf if the salmon starts getting too caramelised).
- Meanwhile, put the remaining honey, lime juice and some seasoning in a large bowl and mix together. Add the red cabbage, mango, pepper, spring onions and coriander, and toss through the dressing. Serve the salmon on a pile of the slaw.