- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 674
- Fat Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 83g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Sodium Content: 1.78g
A risotto for early summer
- vegetable-stock - 450ml vegetable stock, made wth half a stock cube
- asparagus-spear - 4 asparagus spears, trimmed (trimmings kept) and each spear sliced into 4
- pea - 200-250g/8-9oz peas in the pod, about 85g/3oz podded (pods kept)
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- risotto-rice - 85ml risotto rice
- white-wine - 3 tbsp white wine (keep the rest of the bottle chilling)
- parmesan - small handful of freshly grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- parmesan - small handful of rocket and a few parmesan (or vegetarian alternative) shavings, to serve
- Simmer the stock for 10 minutes with the asparagus trimmings and pea pods; these will intensify the flavour. Strain into a jug.
- While the stock is simmering, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wide, shallow pan. Tip in the onion and fry gently for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until it is soft but not coloured. Add the rice and continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until the grains become see-through at the edges and begin to make 'clicking' noises.
- Add the wine (it should bubble and evaporate), then 50ml/2fl oz of the stock. Stir well and simmer gently until all the liquid has been absorbed. Now pour in another 50ml/2fl oz stock and stir again. Continue adding the stock and stirring. After about 7 minutes, when half the stock has been added, swirl in the asparagus and peas. Carry on adding stock in small amounts until it has been absorbed; this will take about 10 more minutes. Now the risotto should be a little wet and sloppy and the rice tender with a nutty bite.
- Turn off the heat, then gently stir in the grated Parmesan, taste and season. You may need only a little black pepper as the Parmesan and stock are both salty. Spoon the risotto on to a plate, top with the rocket, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and scatter with Parmesan shavings. Pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy your meal.
Vegetarian risotto recipe for 1 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has vegetable stock, asparagus spear, pea, olive oil, onion, risotto rice, white wine, parmesan and parmesan.Add to Favourites