- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 10
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 585
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 97g
- Sugar Content: 59g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.34g
Blackberry & pear scrumble
- apple - 6 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- caster-sugar - 100g caster sugar
- pear - 6 ripe pears, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- blackberry - 450g blackberries
- plain-flour - 500g plain flour
- butter - 250g butter, softened
- caster-sugar - 200g caster sugar
- milk - 8 tbsp milk
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- granulated-sugar - granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Put the apples in a pan with the sugar. Cover and cook over a gentle heat until half the fruit is pulpy. Take off the heat, stir in the pears and blackberries and divide between baking dishes, or 10 ramekins or individual pie dishes.
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. To make the scrumble, put the flour, butter, sugar, milk and vanilla in a food processor and pulse until it comes together in a scone-like dough. Drop clumps all over the top of the fruit, then sprinkle generously with granulated sugar. Wrap and freeze, or bake for 40-45 mins until the fruit is bubbling and scrumble golden and crisp. Delicious with vanilla ice cream or double cream.
- To cook from frozen: bake at 180C/160C fan/ gas 4 for 1 hour 30 mins.
Crumble recipe for 10 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has apple, caster sugar, pear, blackberry, plain flour, butter, caster sugar, milk, vanilla extract and granulated sugar.