- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 703
- Carbohydrate Content: 81g
- Fat Content: 39g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 44g
Blitz-&-bake sticky toffee Christmas pud
- date - 200g ready-to-eat stoned dates
- walnut - 100g walnuts
- carrot - 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated in the food processor
- apple - 1 dessert apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated in the food processor
- golden-syrup - 2 tbsp golden syrup
- brandy - 4 tbsp brandy
- butter - 100g cold butter, cut into cubes
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- golden-caster-sugar - 140g golden caster sugar
- self-raising-flour - 170g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- golden-caster-sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- walnut - 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- butter - 100g butter
- double-cream - 6 tbsp double cream
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Blitz the dates in a food processor until chopped a little, then add the walnuts, carrot, apple, golden syrup and brandy. Pulse a few times until coarsely chopped, but still chunky. Tip in the butter, eggs and sugar and pulse a few times to combine. Finally, add the flour and bicarbonate soda, and keep tapping the pulse button just until everything comes together. Butter and line the base of a 1.5-litre pudding basin with greaseproof paper. Tip the mix in, smooth the top and bake for 1 hr 20 mins -1 hr 30 mins or until a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out almost clean.
- To make the sauce, tip the sugar into a frying pan and put over a medium heat. Cook until bubbling and golden. Swirl in the walnuts and, when completely coated, use a slotted spoon to lift them out onto a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Leave to harden; this is the praline. Carefully add the butter and cream to the caramel residue in the pan, return to the heat, bring to a simmer and stir together to make a toffee sauce.
- To serve, break the praline into shards. Turn out the pudding, spoon over some sauce and decorate with the praline. Serve with the remaining sauce.
Christmas pudding recipe for 6 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has date, walnut, carrot, apple, golden syrup, brandy, butter, egg, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, golden caster sugar, walnut, butter and double cream.