- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 311
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Sodium Content: 4.76g
Cheat’s chilli prawn noodles
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- coriander - 1 heaped tbsp coriander puree (from a tube)
- chilli - pinch of crushed dried chillies, to taste
- tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- tomato-puree - 1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
- vegetable - 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon powder
- noodle - half a 250g pack Chinese egg noodles
- prawn - 400g frozen prawns (large North Atlantic ones are tender and juicy)
- Heat the oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Toss in the onion, squeeze in the coriander puree and sprinkle over the crushed chillies to taste (go easy at this stage). Stir fry for 5 minutes until the onion is softened but not browned.
- Pour in the tomatoes and 11/2 canfuls of hot water, add the tomato puree and sprinkle over the bouillon powder. Season well. Bring to a bubble, stirring, then lower the heat a little and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes until slightly reduced but still sloppy. While the sauce is simmering, break the noodles into a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover. Stir and set aside.
- When the sauce is ready, drain the noodles and tip them into the sauce with the frozen prawns. Stir well and heat through for 2 minutes only - just to defrost and heat the prawns. Taste for seasoning and add more chilli flakes and a little sugar if you like. Serve in bowls with spoons and pass round chunky hot bread for scooping up the last of the sauce.
Storecupboard recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, coriander, chilli, tomato, tomato purée, vegetable, noodle and prawn.