- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 128
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
Cherry & pistachio stuffing
- butter - small knob of butter
- red-onion - 1 red onion, finely chopped
- sausagemeat - 450g sausagemeat (or sausages removed from their skins)
- breadcrumb - 175g fresh white breadcrumb
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- orange - zest 1 orange
- cherry - 100g dried sour cherry (or dried cranberries)
- pistachio - 100g shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
- large-egg - 1 large egg
- parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- olive-oil - drizzle olive oil
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the onion and cook until soft, about 8 mins. Leave to cool.
- Mix the onion with the remaining ingredients, apart from the oil - the best way to do this is with your hands. Roll the stuffing mixture into 24 walnut-sized balls and put on a baking tray.You can make these and chill for up to 2 days in advance, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- When the turkey comes out of the oven, turn the heat up to 220C/200C fan/ gas 7. Drizzle the stuffing with oil and cook on a middle shelf for 30 mins. Swap to the top shelf for the final 10 mins if they need browning.
Good Food magazine Christmas recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, red onion, sausagemeat, breadcrumb, lemon, orange, cherry, pistachio, large egg, parsley and olive oil.