- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 417
- Fat Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.8g
Chickpea fritters with courgette salad
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- milk - 3 tbsp full-fat milk
- plain-flour - 4 tbsp plain flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- spring-onion - bunch spring onions, 1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced lengthways
- harissa - 4 tsp harissa
- sunflower-oil - 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- courgette - 2 courgettes, thinly sliced
- feta-cheese - 200g pack feta cheese, crumbled
- mint - small bunch mint leaves
- natural-yogurt - 150ml pot natural yogurt, to serve
- Blitz half the can of chickpeas in afood processoruntil smooth. With the motor running, add the eggs and milk, then sift in the flour and baking powder. Process until you have a lump-free batter. Fold in the whole chickpeas and chopped spring onions. Season and add half the harissa.
- Heat half the oil and fry the courgettes in batches until golden; keep warm in a low oven. Heat a little more oil and cook 2 tbsp-portions of the fritter mix in batches for a couple of mins, until you see bubbles appear, then flip over and cook the other side until golden. Keep warm with the courgettes.
- Toss together the courgettes, feta, mint and sliced spring onions. Divide between 4 plates and top each with 2 fritters and a dollop of yogurt swirled with the remaining harissa.
Quick vegetarian recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chickpea, large egg, milk, plain flour, baking powder, spring onion, harissa, sunflower oil, courgette, feta cheese, mint and natural yogurt.