- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 12 - 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 359
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Chocolate & almond marbled bundt cake
- butter - 180g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- caster-sugar - 225g caster sugar
- almond-extract - 3/4 tsp almond extract
- baking-powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- plain-flour - 180g plain flour
- ground-almond - 75g ground almond
- large-egg - 3 large eggs
- milk - 2 tbsp milk
- cocoa-powder - 3 tbsp cocoa powder mixed with 3 tbsp hot water to make a paste
- chocolate-chip - 100g dark chocolate chip
- icing-sugar - 30g icing sugar, to dust
- cake-tin - 1 1/2 l (or bigger) bundt cake tin
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Thoroughly brush a 1.5 litrebundt tinwith melted butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Stir in the almond extract.
- Mix together the baking powder, flour and ground almonds. Beat in one egg at a time, adding a spoonful of the flour mixture in between. Repeat until all three eggs have been added, then fold in the remaining flour mixture and stir in the milk.
- Spoon half of the cake batter into a separate bowl and mix in the cocoa paste. Add the chocolate chips to the other half of the mixture. Add spoonfuls of each of the batters alternately to the tin and drag the handle of a teaspoon through the mixture to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for around 40 minutes and then test the cake to see if a skewer inserted into the deepest part comes out clean. The cake will take 40 - 50 mins, depending on the proportions of your bundt tin.
- Let the cake cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Once cooled, dust the cake with a little icing sugar.
Christmas chocolate recipe for 12 – 16 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, caster sugar, almond extract, baking powder, plain flour, ground almond, large egg, milk, cocoa powder, chocolate chip, icing sugar and cake tin.