- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 681
- Fat Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 25g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 48g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Chocolate sundaes with pear & Christmas pud
- christmas-pudding - 85g leftover Christmas pudding or Christmas cake, crumbled
- brandy - 3 tbsp brandy or orange liqueur (or use the juice from the pears)
- pear - 410g can pear quarters, in juice
- ice-cream - 8 scoops of ice creams (we used stem ginger ice cream)
- hazelnuts - 25g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- dark-chocolate - 100g bar dark chocolate
- double-cream - 50ml double cream
- brandy - 1 tbsp brandy or orange liqueur (or use orange juice)
- orange - zest 1 orange
- First, make some shavings from the bar of chocolate by dragging a large knife over the surface. You only need a little - enough to top the sundaes. Set the shavings aside and break the remaining chocolate into a saucepan. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth glossy sauce.
- Crumble the cake or pudding into sundae glasses and drizzle over the alcohol or pear juice. Top with the pear quarters and ice cream. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce and top with the hazelnuts and chocolate shavings.
Christmas leftovers recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has christmas pudding, brandy, pear, ice cream, hazelnuts, dark chocolate, double cream, brandy and orange.