- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 534
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 47g
- Sodium Content: 0.79g
Chorizo, new potato & haddock one-pot
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- chorizo - 50g chorizo, peeled and thinly sliced
- potato - 450g salad or new potatoes, sliced (I used Charlotte)
- dry-sherry - 4 tbsp dry sherry, or more if you need it (or use white wine)
- white-fish - 2 skinless thick fillets white fish (I used sustainably caught haddock)
- cherry-tomato - good handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- parsley - 20g bunch parsley, chopped
- bread - crusty bread, to serve
- Heat a large lidded frying pan, then add the oil. Tip in the chorizo, fry for 2 mins until it starts to release its oils, then tip in the potatoes and some seasoning. Splash over 3 tbsp sherry, cover the pan tightly, then leave to cook for 10-15 mins until the potatoes are just tender. Move them around the pan a bit halfway through.
- Season the fish well. Give the potatoes another stir, add the cherry tomatoes and most of the chopped parsley to the pan, then lay the fish on top. Splash over 1 tbsp sherry, put the lid on again, then leave to cook for 5 mins, or until the fish has turned white and is flaky when prodded in the middle. Scatter the whole dish with a little more parsley and drizzle with more extra virgin oil. Serve straight away with crusty bread.
Easy but impressive recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has extra-virgin olive oil, chorizo, potato, dry sherry, white fish, cherry tomato, parsley and bread.