- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 613
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 23g
- Carbohydrate Content: 41g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Courgette & caramelised red onion tart
- plain-flour - plain flour, for dusting
- puff-pastry - 375g block puff pastry
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- butter - 50g butter
- red-onion - 3 large red onions, thinly sliced
- balsamic-vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- courgette - 1 large courgette, cut into long ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- goat's-cheese - 100g goat's cheese
- green-salad - mixed green salad, to serve
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to slightly smaller than an A4 rectangle. Slide onto a baking tray, brush with the beaten egg and cook for 20 mins or until golden.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once foaming, add the onions with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring regularly, for 10 mins until soft. Pour in the balsamic and cook for a further 6-8 mins until sticky and caramelised.
- Spoon over the pastry, then top with the courgette ribbons and blobs of goat's cheese. Return to the oven for 15 mins until the cheese is bubbling. Serve with salad.
Student recipe for 4 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has plain flour, puff pastry, egg, butter, red onion, balsamic vinegar, courgette, goat’s cheese and green salad.