- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 336
- Fat Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Sodium Content: 0.88g
Homemade fish fingers
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumb - 85g white breadcrumb, made from day-old bread
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- white-fish - 400g skinless sustainable white fish, sliced into 12 strips
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- pea - 140g frozen pea, cooked and cooled
- spinach - 100g young leaf spinach
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the beaten egg into a shallow dish. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Mix the lemon zest into the breadcrumbs along with the oregano and some salt and pepper.
- Brush a non-stick baking sheet with half the oil. Dip the fish strips into the egg, then roll them in the breadcrumbs. Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayo with a squeeze of lemon juice. Toss the spinach leaves and peas with a squeeze more lemon juice and the remaining oil. Serve the fish fingers with the spinach and peas and a spoonful of the lemony mayo.
Freezable recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has egg, breadcrumb, lemon, oregano, olive oil, white fish, mayonnaise, pea and spinach.