- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 761
- Fat Content: 54g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
- flatbread - lavash or wholemeal khobez flatbreads (see tips)
- feta - 200g pack feta
- tomato - good-quality tomatoes, chopped into rough cubes
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, chopped into rough cubes
- mint - 1/2 small pack mint, leaves picked and torn
- pitted-black-olives - 15 pitted black olives
- balsamic-vinegar - balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- yogurt - 150ml pot natural or Turkish yogurt (available from ocado.com)
- oregano - 1/2 small pack oregano
- thyme - bunch thyme, leaves picked
- olive-oil - 150ml olive oil
- garlic-clove - garlic cloves, crushed
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- sumac - 1/4 tsp sumac
- sesame-seed - sesame seeds, toasted
- First, make the salad. Add the tomato, cucumber, mint and olives to a large bowl, drizzle over a little balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil, then mix to combine. Season to taste.
- Stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt and mix thoroughly, then season and set aside.
- To make the dressing, put the oregano, thyme, olive oil and garlic in a jug and blend with a stick blender. Add the lemon juice, sumac, sesame seeds and some seasoning, and stir well.
- Spread one side of each flatbread with 2 heaped tbsp of the za'atar dressing, then top each with a quarter of the feta.
- Fold the flatbreads in half or roll up and lightly fry each on both sides in a dry griddle pan over a medium heat until lightly toasted and golden. Keep warm on a low heat in the oven while you fry the others.
- Serve with a pile of the Turkish salad, garnished with a dollop of garlic yogurt.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has flatbread, feta, tomato, cucumber, mint, pitted black olives, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic clove, yogurt, oregano, thyme, olive oil, garlic clove, lemon, sumac and sesame seed.Add to Favourites