- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 761
- Fat Content: 54g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 20g
- Sodium Content: 2.6g
- flatbread - lavash or wholemeal khobez flatbreads (see tips)
- feta - 200g pack feta
- tomato - good-quality tomatoes, chopped into rough cubes
- cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, chopped into rough cubes
- mint - 1/2 small pack mint, leaves picked and torn
- pitted-black-olives - 15 pitted black olives
- balsamic-vinegar - balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- yogurt - 150ml pot natural or Turkish yogurt (available from ocado.com)
- oregano - 1/2 small pack oregano
- thyme - bunch thyme, leaves picked
- olive-oil - 150ml olive oil
- garlic-clove - garlic cloves, crushed
- lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- sumac - 1/4 tsp sumac
- sesame-seed - sesame seeds, toasted
- First, make the salad. Add the tomato, cucumber, mint and olives to a large bowl, drizzle over a little balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil, then mix to combine. Season to taste.
- Stir the crushed garlic into the yogurt and mix thoroughly, then season and set aside.
- To make the dressing, put the oregano, thyme, olive oil and garlic in a jug and blend with a stick blender. Add the lemon juice, sumac, sesame seeds and some seasoning, and stir well.
- Spread one side of each flatbread with 2 heaped tbsp of the za'atar dressing, then top each with a quarter of the feta.
- Fold the flatbreads in half or roll up and lightly fry each on both sides in a dry griddle pan over a medium heat until lightly toasted and golden. Keep warm on a low heat in the oven while you fry the others.
- Serve with a pile of the Turkish salad, garnished with a dollop of garlic yogurt.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has flatbread, feta, tomato, cucumber, mint, pitted black olives, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, garlic clove, yogurt, oregano, thyme, olive oil, garlic clove, lemon, sumac and sesame seed.