- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 356
- Fat Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 48g
- Sugar Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Mincemeat, cranberry & almond pie
- Cut the pastry in two. Wrap one half and set aside. On a surface lightly dusted with flour, roll out the other half to a square large enough to line a 22cm loose-bottomed fluted tart tin (we used a square tin, but a round one would also work). Press the pastry into the tin, leaving any excess hanging over the edge.
- Scatter the marzipan over the pie base. Add the mincemeat and top with the cranberries.
- Roll outthe remaining pastry to a square (or circle) the thickness of a PS1 coin. Use a pizza cutter to slice the pastry into 1.5cm-wide strips. Weave the pastry strips over the pie to create a lattice, pressing down at the edges to seal with the pastry base. Trim off any excess pastry. Chill for 20 mins and heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Bake for 45 mins until golden. Cool for 15 mins in the tin, then transfer to a plate or board and dust with the icing sugar.
Winter warmer recipe for 12 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet shortcrust pastry, marzipan, mincemeat, cranberries and icing sugar.Add to Favourites