- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 294
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 1.58g
Minestrone pasta pot
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- vegetable - 300g frozen mixed vegetables (including peas, sweetcorn, carrots and broccoli, but not the chunky stewpacks)
- vegetable-stock - 700ml hot vegetable stock
- pasta - 175g small pasta shapes, such as conchigliette
- bean - 220g can baked beans
- cheddar - grated cheddar, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for a few minutes until it starts to soften. Stir in the tomato puree, then tip in the frozen vegetables and pour in the stock.
- Bring to the boil, add the pasta and stir. Cover and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until the pasta is cooked.
- Stir in the beans and heat through, then taste for seasoning. Serve hot, with a bowl of grated cheddar for sprinkling over the top.
Vegetarian pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, tomato purée, vegetable, vegetable stock, pasta, bean and cheddar.