- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 171
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.54g
New potatoes with spring onions & bacon
- Scrub new potatoes well and rinse in cold water. Cook in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes with bay leaves until tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Melt butter in a small pan, add a bunch of spring onions, chopped and cook gently for 1-2 minutes to soften.
- Grill the smoked streaky bacon until crisp and golden, drain on kitchen paper, then break into small pieces.
- Drain the potatoes and toss with the spring onions, olive oil, some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Put the potatoes in a warmed serving dish and top with the bacon pieces. Drizzle with more olive oil if needed.
Summer roast recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, bay leaf, butter, spring onion, streaky bacon, olive oil and black pepper.