- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 422
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15g
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Sugar Content: 25g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
Pear & hazelnut clafoutis
- hazelnuts - 45g blanched hazelnuts, toasted
- plain-flour - 30g plain flour
- egg - 4 medium eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- caster-sugar - 150g caster sugar
- milk - 200ml milk
- double-cream - 300ml double cream
- vanilla-extract - 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pears - 2-3 perfectly ripe pears
- hazelnuts - 25g blanched hazelnuts
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the hazelnuts in afood processorand whizz until finely ground. Add the flour, eggs, extra yolks, sugar, milk, cream and vanilla and whizz until you have a smooth batter.
- Halve, core and slice the pears (you can peel them first if you like, but I usually don't). Arrange the pear slices in a 26 x 33cm ceramic, cast iron or copper gratin dish, then pour in the batter. Bake for 30-35 mins, or until the batter is set in the centre, golden and slightly souffled.
- For the topping, toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan (keep a close eye on them - they can go from toasted to burnt very quickly), then roughly chop them so you're left with a mixture of halved and more finely chopped nuts. Scatter over the clafoutis, then sieve a little icing sugar over the top. Leave to sit for 10-15 mins (the clafoutis will deflate a little). Serve warm with creme fraiche or pouring cream.
Comfort food recipe for 8 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has hazelnuts, plain flour, egg, caster sugar, milk, double cream, vanilla extract, pears, hazelnuts and icing sugar.