- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 540
- Fat Content: 30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 47g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 6.4g
Quick & spicy nasi goreng
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- onion - 1 small onion, finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- carrot - 1 carrot, grated
- savoy-cabbage - 1/2 small Chinese or Savoy cabbage, shredded
- brown-rice - 175g cooked brown rice
- fish-sauce - 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- egg - 1 egg
- sriracha - hot sriracha chilli sauce, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 mins until softened and slightly caramelised. Add the garlic and stir for 1 min.
- Toss in the carrot and cabbage, then cook for 1-2 mins. Add the rice and stir to warm through. Pour in the fish sauce, soy sauce and some seasoning. Make a well in the centre of the wok and crack in the egg. Fry until the white is nearly set.
- Serve the rice in a large bowl, topped with the fried egg and drizzled with chilli sauce.
Student recipe for 1 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion, garlic clove, carrot, savoy cabbage, brown rice, fish sauce, soy sauce, egg and sriracha.