- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 347
- Fat Content: 25g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12g
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0g
Roast pistachio-stuffed peaches with orange blossom cream
- peach - 6 peaches, halved and pitted
- pistachio - 100g pistachios (shelled weight)
- lemon - 1/2 lemon, finely zested
- caster-sugar - 1 1/2 tbsp caster sugar
- egg - 1 small egg, beaten
- orange-blossom-water - 3 tsp orange blossom water
- apple-juice - 250ml apple juice
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, to serve
- whipping-cream - 250ml double or whipping cream
- orange - 1/2 orange, zested
- icing-sugar - 2 tbsp icing sugar (or to taste)
- orange-blossom-water - 1 tsp orange blossom water
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the peach halves in a gratin dish in a single layer without too much space around them (otherwise the apple juice will simply reduce and burn).
- Crush the pistachios roughly using apestle and mortar, then mix in the lemon zest, sugar, egg and 1 tsp orange blossom water. Fill the cavity of each peach with this stuffing, mounding it over the top if you have too much.
- Mix the apple juice with the rest of the orange blossom water and pour it around the peaches. Bake for 30-45 mins, depending on ripeness. The peaches should be tender and slightly caramelised on the top.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape, then add the orange zest and sugar, and taste for sweetness. Stir in 1/2 tsp of the orange blossom water and taste. Add more if you like, but be careful not to make the cream too perfumed.
- Serve the peaches at room temperature, with a little icing sugar sifted on top, some of the cooking juices spooned around and the cream on the side.
Easy summer recipe for 6 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has peach, pistachio, lemon, caster sugar, egg, orange blossom water, apple juice, icing sugar, whipping cream, orange, icing sugar and orange blossom water.