- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 218
- Fat Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- self-raising-flour - 150g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1/2 tsp baking powder
- golden-caster-sugar - 1/2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- maple-syrup - 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, plus extra to serve
- full-fat-milk - 150ml full-fat milk or semi-skimmed milk
- vegetable-oil - vegetable oil, for frying
- food-colouring - a few drops red food colouring
- icing-sugar - icing sugar, for dusting
- squeezy-bottles - 2 squeezy bottles
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Combine the wet ingredients in a jug and gradually pour into the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth batter forms.
- Put 2 tbsp of the batter in a small bowl and mix in a few drops of red food colouring. Transfer to a squeezy bottle.
- Put 1/3 of the remaining batter into the other squeezy bottle, and the remaining 2/3 into a jug.
- Gently heat a drizzle of oil in a non-stick pan. Squeeze some batter into an outline of Rudolph, drawing two holes for eyes. Fill the rest with batter from the jug. Make a nose using the coloured batter. Cook for 1-2 mins, flip and cook for 1 min more. Repeat to make four pancakes. Serve with icing sugar and maple syrup.
Christmas brunch recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, baking powder, golden caster sugar, egg, maple syrup, full-fat milk, vegetable oil, food colouring, icing sugar and squeezy bottles.