- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 624
- Fat Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Sugar Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 0.45g
Shredded chicken, green bean & barley salad with paprika & lemon
- chicken - 1 small rotisserie chicken
- pearl-barley - 100g pearl barley
- green-bean - 200g green beans, trimmed
- yellow-pepper - 1 yellow pepper, cut into matchsticks
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, cut into thin half-moon slices
- flaked-almond - 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- lemon - zest 1 lemon
- parsley - handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- red-wine-vinegar - 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- dijon-mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- paprika - 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat off the bones into bite-size pieces. Cook the pearl barley in boiling, salted water until tender, but not too soft, about 20 mins. Drain well, then tip into a large bowl.
- Blanch the green beans in more boiling, salted water for about 5 mins, until just cooked. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool, then pat dry with kitchen paper. Add to the barley along with pepper, onion, almonds, lemon zest and parsley.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients with seasoning. Pour over the salad, toss everything together and serve.
Chicken salad recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has chicken, pearl barley, green bean, yellow pepper, red onion, flaked almond, lemon, parsley, red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, dijon mustard and paprika.