- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 20
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 84
- Fat Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.03g
Slow-cooked summer blush
- red-pepper - 15 red peppers, quartered and deseeded
- plum-tomato - 15 ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- garlic - 2 heads of garlic, broken down into individual unpeeled cloves
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- red-wine-vinegar - 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- thyme - handful thyme sprigs
- basil-leaf - 3 handfuls basil leaves, roughly torn
- Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. In a large, deep roasting pan, gently toss everything, except the basil, together, then season.
- Place the vegetables in the oven, then roast for 2 hrs, undisturbed. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. If you want, drain the vegetables before serving and serve their juice on the side, or simply stir through the basil and correct the seasoning.
- The vegetables can be roasted up to 2 days ahead. Cover and leave in the fridge, but bring out at least 4 hours before serving so the vegetables are served at room temperature.
Slow-cooked recipe for 20 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red pepper, plum tomato, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, golden caster sugar, red wine vinegar, thyme and basil leaf.