- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 511
- Fat Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 43g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Slow cooker chicken korma
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves
- ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled
- onion - 2 large onions, finely chopped
- vegetable-oil - 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- chicken-breast - 6 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- turmeric - 1 tsp turmeric
- coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- chilli-powder - 1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
- sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- chicken-stock - 300ml chicken stock
- double-cream - 150ml double cream
- almonds - 6 tbsp ground almonds
- almonds - toasted flaked almonds, coriander, basmati rice and naan breads, to serve (optional)
- Heat theslow cookerto low. Put the garlic, ginger and onions in a smallblenderwith a splash of water and whizz to a paste. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and sear the chicken all over. Remove from the pan and set aside, then add the onion paste. Fry over a medium heat for 10 mins until lightly golden.
- Stir in the tomato puree, spices, 1 tsp salt and the sugar, fry for 1 min until aromatic, then put the chicken back into the pan (with any resting juices) and add the stock. Stir and bring to a simmer, then spoon into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Stir through the cream and the ground almonds and bubble for 10 mins to reduce, if needed. Scatter with flaked almonds and coriander, if using, then serve with rice and naans, if you like.
Slow cooker recipe for 4-6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has garlic clove, ginger, onion, vegetable oil, chicken breast, tomato purée, cumin, paprika, turmeric, coriander, chilli powder, sugar, chicken stock, double cream, almonds and almonds.