- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 315
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Sugar Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 39g
- Sodium Content: 1.25g
Spiced pineapple pork
- vegetable-oil - 2 tsp vegetable oil
- pork-steak - 4 pork steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- light-muscovado-sugar - 2 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- tomato-puree - 1 tsp tomato puree
- pineapple - 432g can pineapple rings in juice, drained, but juice reserved
- chilli-powder - 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- chinese-five-spice-powder - 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- coriander - coriander leaves, to serve
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Add the oil to a large non-stick pan, season the steaks well, then fry for 5 mins on each side until golden and almost cooked through. Mix the sugar, soy, tomato puree and most of the pineapple juice in a bowl.
- Add the pineapple rings to the pan and let them caramelise a little alongside the pork. Add the chilli and five-spice to the pan, then fry for 1 min until aromatic. Tip in the soy mix and let it bubble around the pork and pineapple for a few mins until slightly reduced and sticky. Sprinkle with coriander, and serve with rice and Chinese greens.
Quick and easy family recipe for 4 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, pork steak, light muscovado sugar, tomato purée, pineapple, chilli powder, chinese five-spice powder, coriander and soy sauce.