- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 247
- Fat Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 0.8g
- butter - 50g butter
- onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- rashers - 3 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- sage - small bunch sage, finely chopped
- sausages - 3 good-quality pork sausages, skins removed
- brussels-sprouts - 500g Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- chestnut - 150g cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- breadcrumbs - 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Melt the butter over a low heat in a large, non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 10 mins until soft. Increase the heat to medium and stir in the bacon, sage and sausagemeat. Cook for 6-8 mins, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until starting to brown.
- Tip in the sprouts and chestnuts, cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins until the sprouts are tender. Keep them warm over a low heat until you are ready to serve. Just before serving, take off the lid, season, stir in the breadcrumbs and fry on high for 2 mins to toast them and get some colour on the sprouts.
Christmas sprouts recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, onion, rashers, sage, sausages, brussels sprouts, chestnut and breadcrumbs.