- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 947
- Fat Content: 51g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 96g
- Sugar Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 18g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
Sweet potato, peanut butter & chilli quesadillas
- sweet-potato - 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- smoked-paprika - 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- avocado - 1 extra large ripe avocado
- lime - 1/2 lime, zested and juiced, plus wedges to serve
- peanut-butter - 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- flour-tortilla - 4 small flour tortillas
- sriracha-chilli-sauce - sriracha chilli sauce, to taste
- coriander - 1/2 small pack coriander, torn
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the sweet potatoes with the paprika and 2 tbsp olive oil in a roasting tin. Roast for 15 mins, tossing halfway through, until the potatoes are beginning to crisp.
- Stone, peel and chop the avocado, tip into a bowl with the lime juice and zest, and season generously. Mash together with a fork and set aside. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and remaining olive oil. Set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan over a medium heat until very hot. Brush each tortilla on one side with the remaining oil. Place one tortilla, oiled-side down, in the pan and spread over half the peanut butter mixture, half the sweet potatoes, a little chilli sauce and half the coriander. Top with another tortilla, oiled-side up. Press down with a heavy saucepan and cook for 2-3 mins each side until the quesadilla is crisp outside and warm in the middle. Repeat to make a second quesadilla, then cut each into quarters and serve with the crushed avocado and lime wedges.
Vegetarian lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet potato, smoked paprika, olive oil, avocado, lime, peanut butter, flour tortilla, sriracha chilli sauce and coriander.