- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 418
- Fat Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Tomato salad with ricotta, broad beans & salsa verde
- tomato - 650g heirloom tomatoes of different shapes and sizes, sliced and cut in different ways
- red-onion - 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- broad-beans - 100g podded broad beans
- ricotta - 50g ricotta
- parsley - 1 pack flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- tarragon - 3 tarragon sprigs, leaves picked
- basil - 1 pack basil, leaves only
- chervil - 1 pack chervil, leaves only
- clove-garlic - 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- dijon-mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- capers - 2 tbsp small capers, drained
- extra-virgin-olive-oil - 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- sherry-vinegar - 1-2 tsp good quality sherry vinegar
- Toss the sliced tomatoes and onion in a bowl with a bit of salt and set aside.
- Finely chop the herbs for the salsa verde. Pound the garlic, Dijon mustard and capers using apestle and mortarand add to the herbs. Add seasoning and the oil. Add the vinegar, little by little, tasting as you go, until the sauce has the right amount of acidity - it needs to be punchy without losing the grassy, fresh flavour of the herbs.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and plunge the broad beans in for a couple of mins, then drain, cool in cold water and peel away the shells.
- Divide the tomatoes and onions between plates or spread out on a platter. Dot the ricotta around and spoon over the salsa verde. Scatter with broad beans and serve.
Vegetarian summer recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tomato, red onion, broad beans, ricotta, parsley, tarragon, basil, chervil, clove garlic, dijon mustard, capers, extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar.